Saturday, October 28, 2006

Finally... a replacement

This morning, after dropping off Mrs Mayat to work. I made a quick hop over to Penang island to my regular photography shop to do some window shopping for a new tripod.

First the shopkeeper showed me a brand from China called 'Victory'. Wah... the legs are stiff... springs hard to press... and the ballhead is just damn small. It's extremely cheap but I'm afraid that it won't last me for 1 year. The model is Victory 3001B. Nah... I'll pass.

So the shopkeeper brought out an Italian tripod by the name of 'Manfrotto'. For those who are well-versed in photography this brand is not new. They made very reliable tripods.

The first impression I get is very good. Built quality is very high. The springs, clamps and 3-way pan & tilt head are very solid. After a few more minutes of trying, I can say that I'm overly amazed and bought over by it. Weighing at more than 1.5kg with head attached, this tripod ain't gonna rattle and shake like the previous one.

I tried putting on my camera on the tripod and took some very slow shutter speed shots (e.g. 1/4 sec) and the pics come out great! Even asked the shopkeeper to lend me the Sigma 135-400mm super zoom lens for testing and it's wonderful!

Finally, I bought it and bring it back home with a big smile :D

Woa ha ha ha...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

|

<< Home