Saturday, September 30, 2006

To Hell.... and back

On August 26th, 2006, a few days right after my Gunung Jerai company teambuilding trip, I noticed that my external flash Nikon SB-600 started to behave abnormally. There seems to be some problem turning it on and IF it does, it will automatically shuts down by itself for no reason.

So I called up the shop where I got the SB-600 from, and he told me that I need to admit my SB-600 to Nikon Hospital immediately.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So I sent it over to Penang at August 29th, with the hope that it will get fixed within that week itself as I need to shoot Mrs Mayat's graduation ceremony. Unfortunately, the shopkeeper told me that Nikon Penang does not have any technicians to repair my SB-600 hence it needs to be transferred to Nikon KL. WAAAAHHHH... *CRY LOUDLY*

As I keep waiting and waiting... I had to create some not-so-nice pics for my company's event including a lab opening ceremony as well as the recent Damai Laut trip. WAAAAAAHHHHH..... *CRY LOUDLY AGAIN*

So I continued waiting.... and waited...


and waited...




and waited some more...



and waited again...



and again...


and...

Last Thursday, the shopkeeper called me and told me that my SB-600 has been fixed in KL and will be sent over to Penang on Friday. Yipeee~!!! Yesterday, the shopkeeper called again and told me,"Loctor Mayat, you can come and collect your flash now"

WOOOOT~!!

So this morning around 10am I headed to Penang island excitedly but unfortunately I took the bridge and got stuck in some major traffic jam because some big ass lorry was stucked in the middle due to burst tyres. Tiu nia seng!! What a waste of time moving inch by inch....

Around 11am I reached KOMTAR and finally saw my poor SB-600 again!! It has been exactly one month since it was sent to Nikon. With much eagerness, I inserted the batteries and powered it up...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

YAHOOOO~~~!!!!

Did a few test shots...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Alrighty!!! Everything is working a-okay!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, what did I learn from this experience?

1) Camera bags are invented for a reason.
2) When not in use, remove batteries
3) Nikon Penang does not have a technician
4) Nikon KL probably does not even have spare parts

Woa ha ha ha....

Later, I'll be bringing my healed SB-600 with me to my parent's house and shoot 'em 10 puppies using it. WOOOT~!

|

<< Home